Rive gauche | Rive droite
Bernard Prazan, an art-collector of long standing, founded his first gallery in 1989.
Specialized since its inception in top quality paintings by the principal Artists of the Post-War School of Paris, Applicat-Prazan settled down in 1993 at 16 rue de Seine, on the Left Bank in Paris in the very heart of the art gallery district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
The end of 2010 saw the opening of a second address on the Right Bank at 14 avenue Matignon.
Since 2004 Franck Prazan has been running the gallery:
Before succeeding his Father, he was formerly Managing Director of Christie’s in France. As such, he oversaw its development from a simple representative office to a fully fledged auction house, moving the company to the Avenue Matignon in Paris.
Under his management, Applicat-Prazan has enjoyed an important development while the philosophy of the gallery has remained true to its founding principles:
- Hyper-specialization which has led us to concentrate our skills uniquely on the Post-War School of Paris and on the most significant artists of this period,
- Hyper-selectivity – confining our choice of paintings to those we judge to be the most qualitative,
- A policy specifically adapted to the private collector who by definition takes a long term view of things, smoothing out the effects of speculation.
Over the years Applicat-Prazan has developed an international reputation with monographic or thematic exhibitions such as, for example:
- Soulages, œuvres majeures (1996)
- Grands peintres, petits formats (1999)
- L’École de Paris des Années 50 en l’An 2000 (2000)
- Schneider (2001)
- Estève, Freundlich, Poliakoff : Trois grands coloristes (2001)
- Estève, aquarelles et fusains (2003)
- Schneider (2006)
- Mes années 50, collection Alain Delon (2007)
- Présence, Silences, hommage à Geer van Velde (2007)
- Poliakoff (2008)
- Atlan (2008)
- Dialogues autour de Pierre Soulages (2009)
- Atlan, les détrempes (2010)
- Pincemin (2010)
- Panorama Jean Fautrier (2010)
- 14 Matignon (2011)
- André Masson (2012)
- Alfred Manessier, Tours, Favellas et autres oeuvres monumentales (2012)
- Maurice Estève, Oeuvres sur papier (2013)
- Serge Poliakoff (2013)
Applicat-Prazan exhibits at:
- Biennale des Antiquaires
- PAD London
- Tefaf Maastricht
- Salon du Dessin
Applicat-Prazan is a member of:
- Syndicat National des Antiquaires
- Comité Professionnel des Galeries d’Art